Sunday, May 16, 2010

The update here

Israel is awesome. It's everything I might have dreamed it would be.
It's dust and warm like a smokey tea and there are lots of limestone
buildings. Apparently there is a lot of wifi around, and there
definitely is in the hotel lobby.

The flights went really well. The food was good, I slept sufficiently,
and got to watch several free movies. Basically I was in my element.

Now we are waiting for the hotel rooms to open (though no one is
sleeping on the couches yet!) then we will explore the city and
Jerusalem University college (JUC) where we will be holding our
classes. Then it's dinner, bed and class at 8 am tomorrow!

I'm just in awe of everything here. It's an amazing place to be, and I
hear it only gets better. I'm excited that you will get to here about
it!

Talk to you soon,
Lauren

3 comments:

  1. Hi Lauren, Glad to see your updates and hear that you were safely retrieved from baggage claim! Can't wait to hear about your first day adventures. Just wanted you to know I'm thinking about you. xo Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lauren, it's Mum. I guess I'm on Meg or Kev's account. Anyway, goodie good. Picture is just what I needed to see...says a thousand words. All is status quo here. Lauren Greene is still among us and Meg and I went to Vinassu Yoga tonight and then I went to dinner with Kever. (Worked today also and that actually went well for a change:) Was thinking of you (and saying kind prayers) non-stop on Sunday knowing you were traveling. Love this blog thing already. Love and miss you always, Mum

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, it's Meg :) I made an account so I can follow you and I will help mom make one too :) Glad to hear everything is going well! Not too much is going on here... I have Owen on Friday so I will send you some pictures, and Maeve's birthday party is that night also :) Send more updates and pictures!!

    Love,
    Meg

    ReplyDelete