Monday, May 17, 2010

Morning in Jerusalem

Good mining everyone,

Today is the first day of classes in the old city. Yesterday, after
checking in to our very nice rooms we ventured out and wandered around
the city with the Dr. Phillipses. We visited some street shops owned
by old friends of theirs and did have the best filafel around. I guess
I like pickels.

We also got to see the Western Wall or wailing wall, from a distance.
It was fairly quiet there at the time. Apparently tonight (Tuesday
night) into Wednesday is a festival, Shabbuot or Pentecost. So a ton
of people will be pouring in there soon.

By the afternoon we were all hot an tired and went back to the hotel
for an ice cream and some rest. We struggled through to dinner at the
hotel, which was wonderful, and then I zinked out from 8pm to 6:45.

Time for class. I'm thinking of you all. More adventures to follow.

Love,
Lauren

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lauren. Wow, sounds fun, busy, tiresome and wonderful... all good. My 1st burning question...did we do good on the packing!? 2nd question, describe the food! I NEED to know what you are eating:) Alls well here. Worked today and was the awful day that followed the good day. Kev is pitching baseball for the high school game as I write so prayers for strength for him...stressful and his knee is bothering him:( I tidied your room and miss you too much already! xoxo Mum

    ReplyDelete
  2. NOTBETH! My globetrotting friend, I'm so excited to be keeping up with you, and so excited to be reading about all your adventures!

    Have fun, learn, and be blessed in all you do!

    ReplyDelete