Thursday, May 27, 2010

Day two in the desert

Hi everyone,

We just completed our second day in the Negev. Man, I thought I was
tired in the city! We've done a lot of hiking around. I had to bust
out my big sun hat today. We were warned it would be hot and sunny
here so I thought I would save the hat for that. It was a big help.

We visited a few more tels (Tel Arad and Beersheba) and I found a few
more cool pot shards. Dr. Phillips says that these are probably only
from the Arabic period which is no big shakes around here, but they
are still around 1500 years old, so I figured showing the to you all
ought to be a priority.

So yeah, lots of hiking. We took a couple hiking trails today
including one trail through part of the Wilderness of Zin. I'm
drinking toms of water and applying SPF 70 at least twice a day.

When we came home there was a three inch bug on my pillow but one of
the boys got him for us. I wanted to take a picture, but it wasn't as
funny when we weren't sure if we would get him or not. Other than that
there are just lot of cute kittens around!

Hope all is good with you all. I'll be back in Jerusalem tomorrow night!

Love,
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment