Monday, May 24, 2010

A restful day

Hi everyone,

I reallybshould be asleep right now but I wanted to get a post outto
you because of impending temporary changes. I'll get to that in a
minute.

Today was really nice. The test was good, it was fair. It wasn't too
tough or too easy. I did pretty well on it too. It's good to have that
first marker behind us all.

In the afternoon I went to the Rockefeller Museum with some other
students. It was fun to walk around and enjoy the structure of a
museum in addition to enjoying being able to place the stuff I was
seeing in a wider context pretty easily.

After that I went with a few people and walked about half of the
rampart wall around the Old City. Climbing around the different levels
and getting to see the different fortifications was really fun.

After that there was dinner, some organizing, and desert with the
president of JUC which was casual and too short!

So things changing: for the next three days (Tuesday, Wednesday,
Thursday,) we will be on a field trip covering all sorts of things
south of here. I hear that we are going to get to swim in the
Mediterranean and the Dead Sea(!) and see the Jezreel Valley where
David is said to have fought Goliath. I'm really excited about all of
it. However, we will be stayig in a hostel and I don't know how the
Internet access is going to be. It hasn't been hard to get wifi here
in the city, but I dot know what it will be like out in the Hill
Country. So this is the heads up. I'll try to be in touch but if I'm
not look forward to pictures of students encrusted in salt on Thursday.

Things are great in general, I'm glad to be with a group that gets
along together so well and I'm ready to get on the road and off to
more sites and adventures after two days of rest (relatively speaking).

I hope you all are well. I'm thinking of you often.

Love,
Lauren

3 comments:

  1. Good to hear Laur. Glad you took the time to give the heads-up on the field trip. It can be a lil worrisome to not have a post to check on:/ All is well here. Good visit with Jul and have been walking and grilling and a trip to Old Navy...the usuals. And, of course, watching Kev play ball which has been really restful and wonderful. Thinking of you and praying for your continued paleness and good health:) xo Mum

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lauren, It sounds like you are having a great time there. While I'm not surprised it is comforting to know that you are doing well. : ) I miss you a ton right now because glee is doing a lady gaga episode...I keep hearing you saying this is pleasing in my head. It's very pleasing. I hope you are having a terrific time swimming and being David and such. Love you. Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used a Stage management account that is for my show. I am not Jay... : )

    ReplyDelete