Thursday, May 20, 2010

Thursday morning

Hi everyone,

So it's thursday mornig here. Yesterday, after going to the Western
Wall for Shavuot I took a nap then we went to the church of the Holy
Sepulcher, the place where Jesus traditionally was crucified, and 70
feet away buried and rose from the dead. Heavy begins to describe it.
There are a lot of church traditions clashing in that spot, which is
sad.

After that we had class most of the day. We couldn't really travel
around the city because it was mobbed with Hassidic and Orthodox and
some Reformed Jewish people going to the Western Wall.

To answer some of Mom's questions: the food is great. We've eaten
almost all our meals at the Gloria hotel or JUC. I think we have sort
of American/middle eastern cuisine going at both locations. I had
French toast this morning. Anyway, it's been really good and I've been
really hungry.

I'd love to say more about clothing, but I'm running out of time. I
will say I seem to have hit a good medium-conservative position. I
could have pushed it, but it's better not too.

Got to go, love you all,
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment