Saturday, May 22, 2010

Jericho and beyond

Hi everyone,

Today we went to the ruins of Geba and Jericho which were really cool.
Actually it was very hot and sunny.

We also got to spend a little time out in the Judaen Wilderness having
a moment of quiet time. There are some important people who have spent
time fasting in the wilderness, and it was awesome to get a tiny
picture of what that would be like. The parable of the Good Samaritan
was also said to take place on the route between Jericho and
Jerusalem, which we got to drive down.

In general week one has been incredible. I can already tell that it is
changing some of my perceptions of the Biblical narratives in the Old
and New Testament and I can't wait to share that all with you.

Tomorrow (Sunday) we have a free day. I think that I'm going to go to
a few church services and walk around the city with people. I'm hoping
to go back to the church of the Holy Sepulcher for an early service.
We will see how it goes. Jetlag is my friend.

Well, I miss you all and will write again soon.

Love,
Lauren

1 comment:

  1. Yay for the picture AND I got your email just for me:) Goodie good. You know I want to desparately know that you are not sunburnt or sick...very important for a mum! How were the church services? Julie and I went to Grace this morning but they had different service times cuz it is "commitment sunday" for their Reading, MA outreach campaign. We did the sacret spaces thing in the chapel. Was nice indeed. Cooking out tonight and everyone working and schooling tomorrow. Meg is babysitting and doing job apps. We LOVE every update. xo Mum

    ReplyDelete