Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Pictures!



The first two pictures are of Founougo. Specifically, they are of he sprawling mint that covers the ground this time of year around the home of the Director of one of the primary schools, where I stayed for the two week visit. I can’t exactly explain why, but Founougo has something strangely beautiful about it in my opinion. I hope you agree.

The next picture is of the crowded bush taxi that 8 of us trainees rented out for the long drive from Kandi to Cotonou.

The next picture is me, sporting a scarf, in the busch taxi. Yes I look crazy and also super Beninese, obviously, but the scarf is actually also very practical up north. In hot sunny weather it provides some light weight shade. In chilly weather it cuts the cold. On sandy windy taxi rides, it keeps hair out of your face, significantly decreasing wind burn!

The next picture is of me in my second Beninese-made dress. My host mama picked out the fabric. It’s actually a little more subdued compared to most Beninese fabrics, if you can believe that. I chose a more modern Beninese style for this dress, and I’m pretty happy with how it came out!

The next picture is of my host sister Cena, age 9 and number 2 out of 4. She is the joker in the family, and I had to include this picture just to depict that a little.

And the last picture is the three youngest of my four host siblings. From left to right, it’s Jerro (possibly spelled Gerard), Vyani, and Cena. Vyani looks so pleased. They are all really great kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment