Saturday, February 4, 2012

Pictures of my street

The farm that I live and work on is about a 15 minute drive from a pretty major town with a Costco and Walmart and all that fun stuff. The farm itself is in the smaller town of Holualoa. The town center has a post office, convenience store, and several artist galleries. Holualoa town center is a pleasant 15 minute walk away if you are in shape. Turns out I'm not in shape. It was over 20 minutes of hoofin' it each way. However, I did stop to take some pictures.

Holualoa is basically on the side of a volcano. So everything is very steep. You can see the ocean from our farm even though we are probably 40 minutes away from it. These roads between the town center and the farm are pretty typical.

"What pretty greenery. Man this is going to be a tough walk on the way back up. Is that the sky or the ocean?"



Almost at the main road! Can you see where the houses end and the ocean begins in the blue out there?

Well, that's part of my walk.
Cheers,
Lauren

1 comment:

  1. Notbeth! I finally got a chance to settle in and read your new posts, I'm so glad thing are so cool there! Can't wait to read more of what you have to say and what you are learning in such a beautiful place that isso clearly respectful of creation. Be safe and I miss you!

    Bunny

    ReplyDelete