Sunday, June 6, 2010

Off to Jordan

Hi everyone,

Today was our last full day in Jerusalem (we will be here for an
afternoon on our way out at the end of the Jordan trip). Most of us
who are staying stayed up last night to see off the people going home.
They are having a long day of traveling and are probably still in
their lay-over in Brussels as I'm typing this. It was sad to see them
go. I've been getting excited for Jordan and the people going there,
but I didn't realize how much I would miss the awesome people we are
carrying on without.

Today a group of us went up to the Dome of the Rock, which we hear is
the oldest mosque in the world. We weren't allowed to go in, but
walking around Temple Mount was really cool. Then there was a nap and
lunch. Joanna, Andrew and I went to the artist colony just down the
hill from JUC. There was a lot of cool stuff that made me very happy,
but it was all way out of our price range. We had fun looking around.
I did some laundry and chilled for a while. At dinner we got to talk
with Dr. Wilson a little more and we got our itineraries for Jordan!

It looks like we will be very busy and we have homework for every
night (including tonight!). I'm glad though, it's good to stay busy
here and I do want to see as much as I can. It sounds like our group
of twelve will be joined by ten graduate students. It also sounds like
we will be staying at the Ramada in Amman most of the time. Apparently
it's pretty snazzy. I will be keeping an eye out for wifi and I will
try to keep you guys up on what is happening each day. Typing out the
itinerary would be too much of a feat. Tomorrow we are crossing the
Allenby bridge and stopping at a place along the Jordan where John the
Baptist probably ministered.

That's all for now. I've been very tired today, but I'll be going to
bed soon. I hope you all are well.

Love,
Lauren

2 comments:

  1. mmm let me know if someone decides to be baptized in the Jordan! You are all in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you took pictures of the artist colony! that sounds amazing! Love reading all your adventures and seeing pictures of your beautiful face!

    ReplyDelete