Monday, June 7, 2010

In Jordan!

Hello everyone,

I'm happy to tell you that this post is coming to you from Amman
Jordan. We took a bus to the border and then went through security
which looked like a happy RMV. It must have been the conveniece store
attached to it that was keeping everyone happy.

From there we drove in the bus to Bethany beyond Jordan. Man, I
thought it was hot in Israel! We started comparing it with the hottest
days in Israel (Herodian, Massada, came to mind).

We saw the Jordan river and I dunked my hat in it to cool off.
Especially now in the summer with a lot of the water being
circumvented for agriculture the Jordan River itself is not too mighty
and a little swampy for that. Still, it is a powerful place to remeber
a lot of significant events. (Joshua and the Israelites going into
Israel, Elijah being taken up to heaven, and then of course John the
Baptists ministry and the baptism of Jesus).

After trekking around there we came to our hotel, the Ramada in Amman.
It is so nice. We have a beautiful room with a huge window, mini
fridge and hair dryer among other things. It feels like a vacation
spot. After trekking throught the dusty tels it is very welcome. Still
we are going to be workig hard. We have been joined by ten graduate
students and it looks like the course is going to be fast. Dr.
Phillips is leading a map filling in session tonight and we haves ture
all day tomorrow.

All good stuff. I hope you guys are well.

Love,
Lauren

2 comments:

  1. Hi Laurenee: I fell behind a day or two, please forgive me! I did get your awesome text today and was heart-filled to hear from you in a more personal way:) Glad you are lovin it soo much. I just can't even begin to imagine all that you have seen and experienced and how this must be both enhancing your Bible knowledge and deepening your faith...we will need some serious time together for me to soak in some of this! On the homefront...all's well. I did text you back but wonder if it went through. Kever is finishing up with school. Busy with MCAS and baseball and all has been well. He's playing babe ruth and senior babe ruth and the h.s. baseball is done. Meg was at jury duty today and has some funny stories to tell about that experience. Still following leads about jobs but they all seem to fizzle. A friend of mine has given me a lead for a job with Gormet Catering for her so hopefully that will pan out. Meg and I have been bitten by the "de-clutter" bug after receiving a card from the epilepsy foundation. I especially have been sorting through stuff and gradually stacking things in the garage for a pick up in a week (not to worry...your stuff is safe!). Work is busy and ridiculous as usual. I'm missing my Laurenee but trying not to be too fussy about it as I know how important it is for you. Luv and miss you every day and every minute. xoxo Mum

    ReplyDelete
  2. and... I appreciate the picture... worth a thousand happy words. xoxo mum

    ReplyDelete