Monday, June 25, 2012

Hi Everyone! I am in JFK waiting to depart for Brussels, and from there, Benin! Yesterday was spent in Staging, where all of the trainees talked about our an ieties and aspirations. It was really validating to get to talk with fellow volunteers. Everyone seems very nice and we are all getting to know each other better. Tomorrow we will be in Brussels for the day. I am crossi g my fingers that we will have wifi, and I will be able to write another post. If there is no such luck, then the next time I will be posting is when we are all settled in in Benin! The group is all so amiable and well traveled. Most of our time has been spent getting to know each other. However,I think we are all eager to get to know Benin! It will be so nice to finally stop speculating and be there. I wrote another post last night, but sadly it didn't send. If I find it in the near future I will post it. In that post I took a moment to say that I have so much to thank all of you, my family and friends for. For the wonderful send off, all the kind facebook messages and gifts and just getting to catch people for a meal. You make a person realize how many awesome people she has in her life. I hope I can pay it forward to my new Beninese neighbors! Got to go, With Love, Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment